Sunday, July 17, 2011

I injured my arm but dont know exactly what happened?

I was playing basketball and a kid drove through the lane. He knocked me back and as I was falling I put my arms down to lessen the fall. My right hand planted and immediately a shock when up my arm. Initially I had thought that I fractured my forearm it hurt so bad. later that night I realized that the pain was centered around my elbow. The pain was originating from the muscles around my elbow, so it was my upper forearm both sides of my elbow and the base of my bicep closest to my elbow. Since the injury I have severe, intense, sharp pain whenever I rotate my wrist, bend my arm, hold something with weight in my hand or squeeze. there is swelling around my elbow but there is very little discoloration. I think that I might have either hyper-extended my elbow to where my muscles are sore or that I may have torn something around my elbow. Any advice of what may have happened is appreciated. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment