Sunday, July 17, 2011

Please help!! Need advice on unemployment comp.?

I filed a claim to receive unemployment benefits they mailed all the forms then turns out they denied me.So I have to appeal. Let me explain I voluntarily left my employment due to relocation with my husband to a different county in order to keep his employment secure ( he works for the state). We are two counties away from my former employer which I had informed them it was a possibility I couldn't maintain employment due to the travel It's 180miles round trip at gas costing 3.85 per gallon. Thats well over $600.00 a month and I only work pt. In Pa I thought spouse following spouse was a no brainer. Don't get me wrong sitting home SUCKS!!! I worked as a professional my entire career, I've been sending out resumes before we moved, a few interviews later still unemployed because my salary even at pt has allowed younger grad nurses to come in. I"m sick with worry. Is the appeal worth it? How long does it take? My bills are mounting and I just had to cash in some of my IRA jyst to get over the hump. Any advice I would appreciate!!! Thx.

No comments:

Post a Comment