Friday, July 15, 2011

Horse Section: Big decision, what would you do?

I'm caught in a bit of a pickle here.....and I'm not quite sure what to do......my uncle trains, shows and breeds performance horses; primarily reiners and cowhorses. He has just moved to new huge, gorgeous 100 acre facility; two large covered arenas, a covered cutting pen, several round pens and outdoor cutting pens, and another outdoor for working your cow down the fence, plus acres of trails and pasture and apartments for the assistants and several 20 stall breezeway barns, its got everything. Anyhow, I'm headed for college next year and he offered me a job as his head assistant with free room and board for myself and my gelding. Plus I absolutely love working within the family business. The only catch is the college I would end up going to is not a preference and doesn't have nearly the program that the other school does (the college I want to go to is several hours away and has a 10x better program). It seems like a no brainer I know, and I'm leaning towards working for uncle but I would much rather go to the other college.......what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment