Friday, July 15, 2011

Just watched top players from 80s?

I just caught a special on the top 9 players from thr 80s... One from each position and I got a few debates and need some other opinions. I agree with most but at pitcher.. They picked Jack Morris as the best pitcher from the 80s... why not Nolan Ryan? Or even the rocket roger clemens.. Hell.. Even doc gooden I think was more dominant. They had Gary Carter at catcher.. What about Carlton Fisk? Was he in his prime in the 70s cuz I thought he was an 80s catcher. They had Dale Murphy in center field.. But I gotta think Eric Davis or even bonds would be better. but not sure if davis was an 80s guy. They had Dwight Evens in right field.. Again.. Strawberry or even barry bonds. The hardest pick was short stop... They picked Cal Ripken.. You can't argue that but him over Ozzie? Third base was Mike Schimdt.. He's prob best choice but boggs and george brett are good too. Ricky was in left thats a no brainer.. first base was don mattingly.. But what about Eddie Murray or will clark.. or even mark mcquire.. He put in a good 5 years in the 80s. 2nd base another no brainer with ryan Sandberg. Anybody got suggestions or debates on that list? Dale Murphy is the one I disagree with the most. Lets hear your opinions

No comments:

Post a Comment